CAPS provides non-emergency, same day assistance for immediate emotional support needs.
Some reasons to seek crisis intervention may include:
- Suicidal thoughts or thoughts of self-harm that do not include immediate risk to safety (if concerned about current safety, call 911)
- Having recently experienced a physical or sexual assault
- Hearing voices or seeing things
- Having recently experienced or witnessed a threat to life or safety
- Having recently experienced the death of a loved one or a significant loss
- Being unable to provide for your own food, clothing, and/or shelter
- Having experienced or witnessed violence, hate-based incidents, or natural disasters that impact you and/or people you care about.
- Having strong emotional reactions to marginalized identity-related discrimination.
If you believe you are in need of immediate emotional support, please come to CAPS anytime between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. HelpLine is available from 4 p.m. to 8 a.m. weekdays and 24 hours a day on weekends when school is in session at (979) 845-2700.