Professional Interest Areas
All CAPS counselors are trained as generalists and are capable of making assessments and recommendations for all Aggies. Counselors on these lists have expressed specific interest and experience in the identified professional interest areas.
- Meeting with one of these counselors for an initial consultation will lead to treatment recommendations that are informed by your unique concerns and goals as well as by CAPS' scope of practice policies.
- At times staff listed here may not be taking on new referrals due to having full caseloads. If that is the case, we will work to get you connected with a counselor who can best meet your specific needs.
The identity groups we have represented here are by no means exhaustive nor is it a valuing of some identities over others. It is a recognition that some of our fellow Aggies belong to marginalized groups that research has indicated benefit from seeing specific counselor groups who are available to meet with them. We will continue to update these lists based on what best practices and current research identify as helpful for meeting the needs of fellow Aggies. Much like life, it is a work in progress. We appreciate your support of our efforts to create an inclusive and welcoming campus.
Aggie ACHIEVE at Texas A&M University is a four-year postsecondary opportunity for young adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) who have exited high school. Aggie ACHIEVE provides an inclusive and immersive college education and equips students for employment in the community. Learn more about Aggie ACHIEVE!
- Lanice Bennett, M.S., LPC-S, NCC
- Danielle Broxon, Ph.D.
- James Deegear, Ph.D.
- Kristie De La Garza, M.S., LPC-S, NCC
- Sidai Dong, M.A., M.Ed.
- Kanesha L. Moore, M.S., NCC
- Carmen Mota, M.A., LPC-S (Engineering Students)
- Bethany Smith, M.A., LPC-S, NCC
- Janeé Stevenson, Psy.D.
- Warren B. Wright, M.Ed., LPC-Associate, NCC
Check out CAPS' welcome to the LGBTQ+ student population and resource tools that can be used by students who may identify as LGBTQ+ or as allies to the community!