Mental Health Resources

Mental Health issues do not discriminate based on gender, income, or ethnicity.  Literally, all of us are subject to the pressures and stress of modern living and sometimes those stressors can lead to depression, anxiety, or suicidal thoughts.  If you have issues that you believe would be helped by speaking to a counselor, please do not hesitate to contact one of the resources below.

For all Emergencies: 911 (US Locations only)

For information regarding how to obtain mental health resources, referrals, or services please contact:



College Station/Bryan

Student Counseling Service

Mental Health (MHMR) Authority
Main Number:  979-822-6467
Crisis:  888-522-8262


Engineering Academy - Austin Community College

MHMR Main Number:  512-447-4141
Crisis:  512-472-4357


Engineering Academy - Blinn College

MHMR Main Number:  979-822-6467
Crisis:  888-522-8262



College of Dentistry

College of Medicine

Engineering Academy - El Centro College

Engineering Academy - Richland College


MHMR Main Line: 877-653-6363
Crisis: 866-860-8000

Fort Worth

School of Law

MHMR Main Number:  817-569-4300
Crisis:  800-866-2465


Office of Student Counseling


College of Medicine

Mays Business School at City Centre
Student Counseling Service

Engineering Academy - Houston Community College

MHMR Main Number: 713-970-7000
Crisis:  866-970-4770


College of Pharmacy

MHMR Main Number:  361-777-3991
Crisis:  800-841-6467


School of Public Health
UT Employee Assistance Program

McAllen - Higher Education Center

Engineering Academy at Texas Southmost College

McAllen Referral Resources

MHMR Main Line:  956-289-7000
Crisis:  877-289-7199


Health and Wellness Services

Round Rock

College of Medicine

College of Nursing

MHMR Main Number:  512-255-1720
Crisis:  800-841-1255


College of Medicine

MHMR Main Number:  254-298-7000
Crisis:  800-888-4036

Health Science Center Distance Education Students and Students on Rotation

Students located outside the Bryan-College Station area or in online programs may utilize a variety of services offered through the UT Employee Assistance Program. Learn more about counseling services.

Texas Residents: To find your local MHMR office, click on the following vlink and enter your county name, your zip code, or the name of your city.

Distance Education Students and all other locations

Various services are available through the through the Deer Oaks Student Assistance Program.

Students needing referral assistance may contact the Student Counseling Service.

Texas Residents:  To find your local MHMR office, click on the following link and enter your county name, your zip code, or the name of your city.


Helpful resources:

  • Texas Suicide prevention video
  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or TTY: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889) A free, 24-hour hotline, with a person available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Confidential online chat is also available at
  • Red Nacional de Prevencion del Suicidio 1-888-628-9454
  • Veterans Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) and press 1
  • Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender or Questioning Youth (LGBTQ) call The Trevor Hotline toll-free at 1-866-488-7386