Among other services, CAPS provides short-term, goal-oriented individual counseling. Many students are able to get their needs met within a brief time-frame, while others may benefit from connecting with community resources, including but not limited to, long-term therapy, psychiatric support, medical resources, and social services. It is our goal at CAPS to ensure that all students receive the best and most appropriate treatment for their particular concerns, wherever that is. Our Scope of Practice provides more information about types of concerns that usually necessitate a referral to the community.
CAPS recognizes that some students may need assistance in locating and connecting with support in the community. If you believe you are in need of this type of support, you can either schedule an appointment to meet with CAPS Case Management Referral Coordinator (CMRC) or you can request a list of resources be sent to you through the CAPS student portal without needing to come in for an appointment. Receiving a list will allow you to explore and reach out to community options on your own.
Meeting with the CAPS' CMRC includes:
- A one-on-one discussion about your needs
- Exploration of community options together
- Ability to call insurance company to discuss benefits (if applicable) in-session
- Ability to call community providers/agencies to set up services in-session
- Address things such as transportation to services, financial resources, etc.
- Allows you to search for therapists and psychiatrists in your area. You can refine your search by health insurances accepted, presenting issues, of therapy, and more.
- Another tool to search for therapists and psychiatrists in a variety of states. You can refine your search by health insurances, presenting issues, provider identity, language, and more.
- This United Way service helps you get connected to resources (housing, food, health, mental health) in your area, particularly if you don’t have insurance.
- Allows you to search for substance abuse treatment programs and in-person/online support groups in your area.
- Offers therapy services
- Most major insurance companies accepted
- New Patients: call 979.774.8200
- Offers telehealth psychotherapy services for a range of issues including depression, anxiety, relationships, trauma, grief, and more.
- Insurance not accepted; cost ranges from $60 to $90 per week
- This group is a non-profit, nationwide network of mental health professionals that providers in-office & telehealth mental health counseling services
- Cost ranges from $30 to $60 per session
- This site allows for you to search for therapists who provide telehealth counseling services and client phone consultations within the state of Texas and throughout the country.