Jasmine Hussain, Ph.D., LPC-S, NCC
Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor
- Ph.D., Family Therapy, Texas Woman’s University
- M.Ed., Counseling, University of North Texas
- B.A., Psychology, Southeastern Oklahoma State University
License and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor, Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors, No. 64242
- National Certified Counselor, National Board for Certified Counselors, No. 237833
Approach to Therapy and Professional Interests
My approach to therapy is based on an integrative, systemic method focused on person-centered therapy, solution-focused therapy (SFT) and cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). I am especially interested in working with clients facing depression, anxiety, relationship issues, academic stress, self-esteem issues and multicultural and international student concerns.
Personal Statement on Diversity and Social Justice
I believe that every individual is valuable and has a contribution to make to society as a whole. Therefore, I strive to be open-minded, inclusive, and compassionate towards all individuals and groups.
Approach to Supervision
In supervision, I embrace a collaborative approach where I believe in providing a safe environment for the supervisees and creating an atmosphere to facilitate self-motivation, promote self-evaluations, and provide opportunities for the supervisees to move into pursuing their own professional and personal growth and development.
In my personal time, I enjoy traveling and spending time with my family and friends.